Saturday, August 4, 2012

C's Birthday Card

Another birthday card. This was for one of my sisters. We have a joke about the Easy Bake Ovens we got for Christmas one year when we were kids. I won't go into the whole story, but she ended up with the cute one and I ended up with an empty box (which was later exchanged for the "new" Easy Bake Oven which was plain and no where near as cute as hers). Anyway, this card was perfect for her. I spent WAY more time on the oven on the inside than I should have, but I had fun and really liked how it turned out. The girl silhouette on the front of the card and the card itself are from A Child's Year Cricut cartridge. The stove/oven on the inside was made by me using various shapes in Cricut Craft Room. I used clear plastic for the window in the oven door, a paper clip for the handle, and seed beads for the knobs. You can't tell it from these pictures, but I put Fun Foam on the stove base for more dimension. The cake is from Elmo's Party cartridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment