Tuesday, October 12, 2021

More Creative Gift Wrap




After my last post, I remembered another time I needed to get creative in my gift wrapping.  My grandson was having his first birthday party.  I had bought him a very large stuffed animal and I did not have a box large enough.  I looked around my house and found a plastic toy chest I no longer needed.  Since his party theme was Super Wings, I just added some wings and a few details.  I love that the natural shape of the chest looks like a smile!  


***********

I was asked to make some boxes for decorations at the party, so this was what I came up with.  The "suitcase" was something I had created as a craft for VBS.  I just wrapped a box in kraft paper and used duct tape for the straps and handle.  Either of these would have also been good for gift wrap, but they were just decorations.


On the back of the boxes I used various birthday stamps to resemble postmarks/shipping stamps.



**********

Keeping with the theme, here is the card I made.  I made some cloud stencils and stenciled the envelope.



 

1 comment: