Tuesday, January 22, 2019

It came ... and went ... months ago

It took me long enough to post them, but here are the pictures of our VBS set this past summer referred to in my last post HERE.  We did the "Shipwrecked" theme.  I'm posting this the middle of winter.  I guess I'm dreaming of warmer weather.  (Click on the pictures for a closer look.)

 
 
 Here is one view of the main stage.  This is the first year we have purchased the backdrop.  That was really helpful.
 
 
 
A closer look at the hut.  It was constructed using cardboard tubes (from carpet rolls) for the uprights, real bamboo for the cross bars and rafters, cardboard for the roof and covered with grass skirts from the Dollar Tree.
  
 
 
 Here is a close up of one of the palm trees.  We made these also from empty carpet tubes covered in brown paper scrunched up.  The leaves were made from green bulletin board paper with a wire taped down in the middle for shaping.  We used brown balloons for coconuts.  We got most of our ideas from other churches.  So grateful for all the help!
 
 
 
Just some more props.  (I see Wilson!)
 
 
 
 I think this says it all.
 
 
 
Looking back the other direction.
 
 
 
More palm trees and our sloth.  I had a lot of fun moving the props around each night.  The treasure chest was used for the children to drop their offerings in.
 
 
 
 This was about mid-week and the balloons were starting to lose air. 

 
 
 
 
 
It takes a while to make these sets, but I really enjoy doing it!  I had a great team helping and really appreciated everyone's hard work.
 



1 comment: